MetroStar Systems is proud to announce it was recently awarded the new GSA 8(a) STARS II Government-Wide Acquisition Contract (GWAC). The contract is a multiple award, indefinite delivery/indefinite quantity (IDIQ) contract vehicle, with a five-year base period and one five-year extension option. This program is reserved exclusively for qualifying certified 8(a) small businesses as prime contractors per Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) 19.8. The contract promotes small business utilization for IT services purchases.
8(a) STARS II Features:
- A multiple-award, indefinite-delivery, indefinite-quantity contract vehicle
- A five-year base with one five-year option
- A $10 billion program ceiling
- Limited protestability
- Directed Order Authority: Directed task orders up to $4 million each are allowed for federal civilian and Department of Defense activities
8(a) STARS II Benefits:
- 8(a) socioeconomic credit transferable to the agency
- Pre-competed, easy to use contracts
- Access to proven 8(a) small business technology providers
- Shortened procurement lead time
- A low user access fee (0.75 percent) built into contractor’s ceiling prices
In April 2011, MetroStar Systems successfully graduated from the SBA 8(a) program. As we are still classified as a Small Business, the GSA 8(a) STARS II award allows us to continue providing support in designing, developing, and implementing innovative technological tools across federal agencies. GSA has already evaluated and prequalified our technical capabilities, service offerings, and pricing through a competitive process for streamlined contracting and shortened procurement times. More information about the 8(a) STARS II GWAC program can be found here: http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/105243
In addition to this new GWAC, MetroStar Systems has a variety of contract vehicles that allow government agencies to easily procure our products and services including: GSA Schedule 541, GSA Schedule 70, GSA Schedule 874, the Army and Air National Guard IDIQ, and SeaPort-e.